NEW Eco-Music Album: I Hear You, Mother Earth
An award-winning relaxation album with medicine music and healing sound
Relieve Stress. Simplify Life. Bring Your Mind, Body, and Soul into Harmony with these Ancient Medicine Mantras and Healing Messages from Nature and the Unseen World.
Shervin’s new 12-track album, “I Hear You, Mother Earth,” won Three Peace Song Awards in 2020 and contains a timely message of coming home to music as medicine from our natural world. Now it is being relreleased in a track by track format for the first time
Use Button Above to Donate What You Can and (Pre-)Order Your Digital Copy
“I Hear You, Mother Earth,” produced by former chart-topping “Candy Flip” duo member and music producer, Ric Peet (UK), contains 66 minutes of “medicine” songs.
These songs feature acoustic instruments used for sound healing from every corner of the globe, almost all of which are presented by Shervin.
Traditional Bali-style voice and instruments are shared from Bali presenter, Gede Artha(Partha), on four of the album’s 12 tracks with Shervin bringing his smooth, delicate, and often mesmerizing vocals to 6 tracks while singing in five different languages.
Listeners familiar with Shervin’s signature Sound Medicine journeys will recognize this album as a supercharged studio version of those improvised natural sound and live music presentations, with 4 instrumental tracks also contained.
The album is more than a medicine music collection however, as it also contains nature recordings and pays homage to Balinese ceremonial chants and sounds. Balinese culture professes respect for nature. An underlyingphilosophy of “Tri-Hita Kerana” means harmony with nature, harmony with humanity, and harmony with the unseen divine world, beautifully ties in with the album’s theme.
Free Sample Download: “The Medicine Song”
To give you a taste of the upcoming album, enjoy unlimited listens and a free download of an unreleased track – the Bali reprise version of “The Medicine Song.” Just click the MP3 player below or click here to download from Soundcloud this unreleased track.
To order please scroll up and click on the donate button at the top of the page.
A celebrated vocalist and accomplished sound healing teacher-trainer based in Bali, Shervin started Bali’s first sound healing events program back in 2012 at The Yoga Barn. Since launching, Shervin has presented Sound Medicine in over a dozen countries, released two albums, and has been a featured presenter at Google offices in Singapore and at various holistic festivals.
Sound Medicine is based on Fabien Maman’s Tama-Do Sound Harmonizations (Shervin became certified as a sound therapist through the Tama-Do academy in 2011). Sound harmonizations are live therapy concerts with acoustic instruments.
“Given the state of the world, this album carries a hope of reharmonizing with nature, through naturally soothing sounds.”
Shervin started Bali’s first sound healing events program in 2012 at The Yoga Barn, Ubud. Since launching, Shervin has presented Sound Medicine in over a dozen countries, released two prior albums, and has been a featured presenter at Google offices in Singapore and at various holistic festivals.
Produced By Ric Peet (Candy Flip, Muse, Charlatans, and Six by Seven)
- Recording, production & Editing
- Sound manipulation & textures, additional keyboards & tuned percussion on all tracks
- Soundscapes & foley captured in many locations around the world on his travels- From the sea shore in Porto Escondido, Mexico to the beaches & backwaters of Sanur in Bali; the rainy streets of Seoul to the lush meadows of NW England to the windy mountainsides of Manigod In the French Alps to the stormy sea front of Blackpool are just some of the many places on this beautiful journey, alongside some carefully chosen library foley for the jungle animals & sea creatures.
“I’ve loved working on this album. one favourite part was creating the sonic soundscapes of our “Mother Earth” to complement Shervin’s acoustic playing textures on this magical journey.”~Ric Peet
Below is the “I Hear You, Mother Earth: Planetary Medicine Music” tracklisting, along with each track’s primary instruments, and Shervin’s notes:
1. The Medicine Song, (Triyam Bakham/ Rudra Mantra- Sanskrit):
Triyam Bakham Yaja Mahe is the Sanskrit medicine mantra from India, which is shared for good health and victory over death and disease.
2. Opening, (Balinese Chant) ft. Gede Artha:
An authentic opening chant from the Balinese tradition, which calls on nature and asks for forgiveness for all the abundance that humanity uses from her.
3. Earth Element, (Aboriginal Didgeridoo):
Didgeridoo, shaman drum, bongos, rattles, Bali Gong and Symphonic gong are among the instruments shared on this track.
4. Water Element, (Yoruban: Afro- South American “Oshun chant”):
A Medicine Song honoring Oshun- “Ay Ay Oshun, Oromima Oromimayo, Yabado A Yeh Yeh-o” The words and main melody are from this traditional Yorubansong honor the rivers and waterways of the planet, which, according to the Yoruban tradition, are linked to the Goddess Oshun. Thank you Joseph “Pepe” Danza for teaching me this magical melody. I play handpan and kalimba blended with several ocean and water sounds and instruments on this track.
5. Wood Element, (Amazonian “Icaro”):
This contains an Amazonian Icaro, which is a powerful and positive healing invocation. The translation of this medicine song set to an original melody and music is: “The Great Steamboat of the wind is coming. From the end of the Cosmos it comes, it comes like this; All kinds of magical healers come from inside it, also faeries and doctors, from strange cities in space, strong healers are coming.” ~from Piers Vitebsky’sbook “The Shaman”. Bamboo gamelan, and various other wood-based instruments are blended with jungle sounds here.
6. Fire Element, (Tibetan Medicine Mantra)
“Tayatha Om Bekhandze, Maha Bekhandze, RadzaSamud Gate Soha”, the words of the traditional Buddha medicine mantra, are contained on this track. The translation calls for the elimination of illness, pain, ignorance and suffering. Also included is a second Tibetan Budhist mantra “Om Ma Tri Ni Zu Ru Zu Du TroZo Soha,” which is meant for calm, peace and rest, especially for children. Stringed zither is woven with the Spanish guitar as the main accompanying instrument. Chris Soltara adds some sweet guitar accents to this track as well.
7. Air Element Part I, (Native Prayer Flute):
Native American triple chambered flute is played in this recording accompanied by metal bowls, tubular bells and bird and insect sounds.
8. Air Element Part II, (Middle Eastern Ney Flute):
Egyptian style Bamboo Ney flute also with metal bowls and chimes, provide a Middle Eastern flavor on this track as the notes lengthen and the sound of wind is introduced.
9. Air/Ether, (Choral) ft. Gede Artha and Hugh Strathern:
An atmospheric choral merging of Latin, Celtic, and Balinese melodies and harmonies to provide a launching point into the element of Ether. Award-winning choir singer, Hugh Strathern (UK) provides gorgeous high tenor accents that float through, while Gede Artha’s (Indonesia) Bali charm also floats through mysteriously to complete the trio of voices. This track like many others on this album is an improvisational piece.
10. Ether, (Singing Bowls):
A combination of Tibetan and crystal bowls with tubular bells, koshi chimes, wind chimes, meditation bells and other expansive sounds for deep peace.
11. Closing, (Balinese Chant) ft. Gede Artha:
Gede Artha returns to share a Balinese chant honoringthe sun’s (Surya) partnership with the earth. GedeArtha’s translation of this chant is ”OM… Great Surya, you glow red, I adore You who stays in the middle of a white lotus. I adore You for creating sparkling sunlight.”
12. The Medicine Song, (Extended Bali Reprise) ft. Gede Artha:
Triyam Bakham Bali Reprise version. This track features Gede Artha bringing in a traditional version of the Sanskrit chant from India as an overlay to the more contemporary version of the mantra which I sing tubular bells and a stylophone is also included.
Donate and Pre-Order Your Copy Now
Click the donate button at the top of the page to pre-order your copy of Shervin’s new album
• The full album contains different styles of medicine music for all and is currently available for preorder by donation (suggested $10 USD).
• Our RELEASE DATE is Earth Day, April 22, 2020. Please donate to get your pre-order copy and back Shervin’s self-financed project for global healing and unity (make sure you leave us your email)
• The album contains 12 tracks and over 66 minutes of “medicine” songs, and acoustic instruments used for sound healing, from every corner of the globe; almost all of which are presented by Shervin.
• Four of the tracks are instrumental. We advise you to listen to the album from start to finish as one continuous musical “journey”.
Free Sample Download: “The Medicine Song”
All music composed by Shervin Boloorian and inspired by Nature’s Elements and Fabien Maman’s Tama-Do Sound Harmonizations and Bali.
All Vocals on tracks 1,3,4,5, and 6 by Shervin Boloorian
Lead vocals on track 9 and 12 by Shervin Boloorian with backing vocals on track 9 by Gede Artha and Hugh Strathern
Addition of traditional Sanskrit version of “Triyam Bakham” chant on track 12 by Gede Artha.
All instrumentation by Shervin Boloorian, assisted on tracks 1, 4, 5 (percussion) and 6 (guitar accents) by Chris Soltara, and on track 10 (bells) by Hugh Strathern.
Produced and engineered by Ric Peet. Co-produced by Shervin Boloorian. Recorded in September, 2017 in London. Tracks 2 and 11 and additions to tracks 9 and 12 recorded in Denpasar, Bali in December, 2019.
Special Thanks to Paul, Ric, Susie, Hugh, Chris, Florence, Bernard, Bahram, Pepe Danza, Fabien Maman, Margot Anand, Mino Vernaghi, Gary, Fanny, Partha, Dave and Felicity and the people and culture of Bali and Indonesia who have adopted me and taught me so much these recent years.
Shervin, March 2020
“Phenomenal. Shervin Boloorian’s Sound Medicine journey was one of the very special highlights of my life,” (his music has the power to create) deep, positive shifts within ourselves and for the good of humanity.”~Candice Meyer, Greenpeace Africa, Johannesburg
Listen to Shervin Boloorian’s other albums here
Shervin Boloorian’s Third Album, “I Hear You, Mother Earth: Planetary Medicine Music” is currently available for pre-ordering on the Sound Healing Bali website: www.soundhealingbali.com
The track listing and primary instruments of each track are as follows- (runtime roughly 70 minutes)
- Medicine Song (Triyam Bakham/ Rudra Mantra- Sanskrit)
- Opening (Balinese Chant) featuring Gede Artha
- Earth (Aboriginal Didgeridoo)
- Water (Yoruban:Afro- South American “Oshun chant”)
- Wood (Amazonian “Icaro”)
- Fire (Tibetan Medicine Mantra) featuring Chris Soltara
- Air: Part 1 (Native Prayer Flute)
- Air: Part 2 (Middle Eastern Ney Flute)
- Air/Ether (Choral) featuring Gede Artha and Hugh Strathern
- Ether (Singing Bowls)
- Closing (Balinese Chant) featuring Gede Artha
- Medicine Song (Extended Bali Reprise) featuring Gede Artha