Training, Immersions and Retreats
Bowls, Gongs, percussion, chimes, voice, strings, prayer drum, and much more
Sound Healing Bali Training 2023-24
Immersion and Facilitator Training and Development
Join Sound Healing Bali’s most experienced practitioner and trainer, Shervin Boloorian, and our faculty of sound experts to learn and share your sound healing talents with the world. This experience incorporates the transformative effects of sound healing into your everyday life and professional practice and no music experience is necessary for Sound Healing Bali’s facilitator training program. Practice, learn and train to develop your skills as a presenter in a supportive and enriching daily learning environment in sacred Bali; in Ubud, home to Asia’s sound healing and holistic capitol. To register now, contact us
Sound Healing Training in Bali
TRAINING MODULE ONE (November 2023 and Feb 2024 in Bali are SOLD OUT. Dec 2023 in San Diego, California is also now SOLD OUT)– Multi-Instrumental Sound Healing Training (Module 1) (Feb 3-8, April 10-15, and May 15-21, 2024 offered at a special discounted rate of $855 USD) <NOTE: Normal Rate is: $1050 USD (for 5 or 6 days non-residential training, Ubud)>Module 1 is also being held in San Diego, California, Dec 1-4
Multi-Instrumental Sound Healing Training (Module 2) in BALI: JUST ANNOUNCED July 17- 25th Module 2 Training added. Our Bali training on Feb 13-22 2024 for 8 or 9 day non-residential training) is SOLD OUT (waiting list only). Only 12-15 spaces max are held for each training. Scroll Down for more details. Our next available Module 1 Trainings in Bali will be held in April 10-15, 2024 and May 15-21, 2024 JUST ADDED).
With over 14 years experience as a facilitator, Shervin Boloorian is an international award-winning music artist and Bali’s most celebrated Sound Medicine professional. He launched sound healing programs at the Yoga Barn, Desa Seni, Taksu, and Radiantly Alive, the island’s top holistic hubs has been training practitioners since 2018 and has toured the world with his sound healing programs. This two part training program provides a combination of 14 Days of learning and workshops to advance the skills and techniques of the next generation of sound healers. All instruments, course pamphlet and handouts are provided during this comprehensive training experience, based on Shervin’s published book, “The Three Zones of Sound”.
Module 1 provides the first part of your training and is a prerequisite for Module 2. In 2023-2024, we will offer Modules ONE AND TWO training together in February for those wanting to dive into vibrational sound therapy training for self-care, individual treatment and public group sessions. Module 2: Feb 13-22, 2024 in Bali, Indonesia is SOLD OUT. Both are in-person training programs. (If you register for both modules and have financial burdens, you may be able to benefit from a special payment plan: note: the courses are already discounted from pre-Covid prices).
About Sound Healing Bali’s Guest Training Facilitators
Gede Artha (Partha) is a Balinese meditation, dance, chanting and yoga instructor. He was once a Bali-priest in training and decided to leave his ashram and instead serve as a university professor in SingaRaja. He has been part of Sound Healing Bali since 2012 and has been featured in the Jakarta Post.
Ryo is a wildly popular percussion instructor and multi instrumentalist from Java but based in Bali. He brings a special and highly enjoyable percussion and frame drum workshop to the training.
Katty Heath is vocalist, vocal coach and successful music artist from the UK who completed Modules 1 and 2 in 2019. Her sound healing career has blossomed in the Netherlands since practising as a Sound Healing Bali trained practitioner. She will assist in Jan 2023 with music theory, voice exercises, chant and much more
Intro to Sacred Sound And Voice and the Multi-instrumental Sound Journey Pt.1– Sound Healing Training (Module 1)
(Non-residential Training in Bali, Lunch on first and Final Day Included) ,
Feb 3-8, 2024 is waiting list only. JUST ADDED: April 10-15, 2024 and May 15-21( these are non-residential, lunch not provided)
$200 USD Non-refundable Deposit is Required to Reserve your Space
As far back as pre-history, all over the world, people have awakened the sacred power of sound, vibration, and intention in order to heal, transform, connect, and manifest using vibrational sacred practices.
There are numerous instruments found across cultures, reflecting a common language of sound beyond the traditions and beliefs they derive from. Many sacred instruments were created to harness and play with various vibrations, permeate layers of reality, and bring musician and listener alike into states of deep healing and spiritual unity.
This immersion/sound healing training course is an experiential and learning journey into the world of sacred sound, voice and vibration and a pre-requisite for practitioners who wish to offer group and individual multi-instrumental and voice sessions (Mod 2).
The breadth and depth of this world is as infinite as the spectrum of vibrations themselves; ranging from precise and reproducible patterns to completely organic and natural sounds of the inner realm. Sounds we can hear and sounds that are so subtle that they can only be heard by the most peaceful hearts and quietest minds. In these sounds, we find the hidden messages of nature and the truths about the nature of reality itself. Connecting with the unified vibrational field that undercurrents the whole universe is a conversation with divinity and life itself.
In the days we have together, we will be exploring a tapestry of traditional sound healing and vocal practice methods as well as being supported in discovering and cultivating our own unique inner vibrational frequencies.
Supported by modern scientific discoveries as well as the ancient wisdom passed down through lineages, we will experience and practice offering a variety of different sound and voice techniques that are primarily Chinese Medicine based, in the Module 1 Sound Healing Training course.
It is our hope to share this sacred sound practices and sound healing training so that it may be incorporated into the lives and sound offerings of the participants; the transformative effects of which will ripple through and bring positive shifts and heightened sensitivity to all different facets of life. All skill levels are welcome.
WHAT’S CONTAINED IN THE MODULE 1 COURSE and MULTI-INSTRUMENTAL SOUND HEALING TRAINING:
In this training we learn the basics to explore the full breadth of natural sound from Shamanic to Celestial and beyond to enhance listening awareness and prepare a future practitioner with a comprehensive, accessible and clear system. Drawing from a vast body of training including Sound healing at the Tama-do Academy, a year-long Shamanic apprenticeship, close to 200 public and private group sessions every year, leadership of the Bali Sound Healers Collective and a love of Sufi devotional singing (ZIKR) and sacred chants from different sacred world traditions, Shervin will share with you his teachings, training and techniques through:
- Infusing frequency from natural instruments with intention and presence
- Tuning in to how, when and where to apply sound by practicing with a range of different sound healing instruments including Shaman drum, crystal/metal bowls, strings, hanging chimes, gong, voice, percussion and more
- Understanding which frequencies and properties of sound are governemend by what instruments to empower and open on physical, emotional and mental levels
- Full exploration of sound as “energy” (not entertainment) by identifying and playing with subtle sounds
- Basic fundamentals of sound healing theories and philosophies such as: Entrainment and Resonance
- Highlights of scientific cellular research by pioneering sound therapist, Fabien Maman, and other significant sound research
- Daily mantras, chanting and learning about their therapeutic effects
- Connecting with an instrument of choice, to “tell a story without words”
- Learning to differentiate and transform “noise” through each student’s focus on their personal journey
- Exploring how to use sound and listening as a way of life and other applications of heightened sound awareness
- Developing leadership and working together to co-create soundscapes with others
- Exploring sound and the voice for self-inquiry and deeper connection
- Providing written and web-based resources and a detailed Info packet
- Learning the varying energetic messages and qualities of vowels and language for centering
- Exploring techniques and tools for self-care and merging voice, sound and movement to support self, friends and family
- Knowing when and how to use and combine the voice and instruments
-And more, (time permitting)
Multi-Instrumental Sacred Sound Journey Pt2 – Sound Healing Training (Module 2)
$1250 USD with Shervin Boloorian and Sound Healing Bali Faculty(Non-residential, 8 or 9 days and 4x lunches and 1x closing dinner included)$200 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space for either training program. Feb 13-22, 2024 SOLD OUT
July 17-25th (non-residential)
Normally Module 2 is held with a short gap of several days after completion of Module 1 for integration
In the Module One’s Sound Healing Bali Training we explored the different zones of energy and dimensions of sound; introducing you to the instruments and intentions for these zones. In Module Two’s Sound Healing Training, we dive deeper into the theoretical and practical elements of designing and executing sound journeys in response to different situations, people and energies. This module (plus the following required minimum 35 hours of practice sessions and 10 hours of professional sound therapy reviews on your own time) will prepare you for practitioner status and also incorporate your unique skills and leadership style into your sound presentations. Sound Healing Bali’s Module 2 Training activities will include:
- Process for receiving and presenting to individual guests/clients
- More concentrated daily instrument practice and feedback
- Techniques and guidance for group events
- How to most effectively map and sequence sessions guide groups and lead assistants
- Deepening connections to individual “Elements of Nature” and natural instruments within the Three Energy Zones system created by Shervin Boloorian
- One-on-one sessions
- Attuning to your own unique sound connection and gifts to add your personal quality to a sou
- Instrument and voice workshops (examples include didgeridoo, language of the drum pt2, flute, leading group mantras)
- Instrument layering and grouping frequencies to develop an effective arc for the sound journey
- Daily practical exchanges and student-to-student practice sessions
- Deepening and daily practice with the voice and mantra; to build a closer relationship with its healing properties and remove personal blocks
- “Shapeshifting” energy practices and “Origin Building”
- Development of your own unique “soul melody”-infused sacred chant, mantra or heartsong to enhance and personalize your sessions
- Deepening of energy guidance and techniques for connecting to, moving, empowering, and reading energy through sound
- Module 2 detailed info packet
- Final written test, public group presentation, and coursework completion certificate (to receive professional certification, other requirements apply. See below)
In Bali, 9 Days of training, outing to sacred waterfalls, guest presenters, Lunch 4 days a week and a group dinner or lunch on final day
In California, 8 days of training with guest presenters
(possibilities of assisting Shervin in sessions based on student interest and availability)
- Module 1 completion or equivalent to be approved by instructor
- For Full Sound Healing Bali certification each student MUST complete :
- All Modules 1 and 2 coursework
- Complete minimum of 35 hours of approved practical sessions to support training (these can be completed after training-depending on your progress, you may be asked to complete more sessions)-
- Complete approved 10 hours reviewing other sound healing professionals
- Written Test (included) on final day or shortly after completion of the coursework
** Please note: This is a non-residential training; accommodations, insurance and flight are not included in the cost of the program
Shervin Boloorian is the Author of “the Three Zones of Sound” and Bali’s Most Experienced Multi-Instrumental Sound Artist
An award-winning music artist and Bali’s longest serving multi-sound facilitator, Shervin will bring out your finest inner music while supporting the building of awareness and sensitivity of oneself, the individuals being guided, and the group as a whole in his training process. He brings together his own training, attention to detail, space-holding and vast experience to teach a tried-and-true sound energy methodology that groups together instruments coherently and set the practitioner apart from the rest. Each budding sound therapist he trains will develop a fuller understanding of this field of practice and hone their own unique subtle skill, regardless of their musical experience.
Sample Daily Schedule ( Each Day will have a theme based on the type of instruments we will explore)
- 930-1030 a.m. Morning voice and movement practice
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Morning Learning and Practice
- 1 p.m. to 215 p.m. Lunch break
- 215-430 p.m. Afternoon learning and Practice
- 430-530 p.m. Closing Circle or additional practice Sometimes we will have evening presentations or additional instruction in the evenings
This schedule is a sample only and is subject to change.** Included in the course is a half-day field trip to experience the subtle sounds of nature
Subscribe to our mailing list today!
Receive notification on our upcoming events!
(opens mailchimp registration page)
PRIOR SACRED SOUND AND SONG TRAINING at the yoga barn , and Swasti Eco Cottages, Ubud Bali
Energetic approach to the Immersions and Sound Healing Training
We share a deep love of Sacred Sound, the voice, and the facilitation of sound healing and devotional singing.
Our philosophy is that each human being and spirit contains the spark of the infinite, a ripple in the divine ocean; and thus we all have within us the wisdom of the entire universe.
We are connected to each other through invisible strings and our vibrations all play with one another on the surface and deeper levels of reality.
Working with sound sends vibrations deep inside, stirring up and allowing the release of long-held patterns and energies collected throughout our entire lives (and perhaps memories locked in the DNA). In order for these energies to be expressed, acknowledged, given space to be loved and allowed to move on, we maintain a vibration of unconditional love and acceptance, as well as the intention that all is divinely supported.
There is an unspeakable magic and unity when Sacred Sound is explored with a group of like-minded and open practitioners. The separate energies and vibrations harmonize into one allowing each participant to transcend individual consciousness and merge with the whole, uplifting one another into higher states of bliss and connection.
We will create a safe and supportive environment for practical learning and heart-centred expression. In this space students will feel nourished and held through their energetic processes allowing us all to dive deeper into the experiential practices of connecting to sound and vibration through the human instrument.
This Sound and Voice training immersion is unlike any other because it draws together the complementary practices of Sound Healing, Instrument connection, Nada Yoga (Yoga of sound), and devotional song, skillfully guided with knowledgable and supportive professional instructors who bring a rich depth of experience and passion for sound as a holistic art.
About Sound Healing Bali’s Guest Training Facilitators
Gede Artha is a Balinese meditation, dance, chanting and yoga instructor. He was once a Bali-priest in training and decided to leave his ashram and instead serve as a university professor in SingaRaja. He has been part of Sound Healing Bali since 2012 and has been featured in Jakarta Post.
Ryo is a wildly popular percussion instructor and multi instrumentalist from Java but based in Bali.
Devotional Chant – The heart opening and spiritual practice of devotional group chanting/singing with musicChakra Clearing Sound Meditation“Om” – the seemingly simple practice of chanting Om that shows up in many yoga classes is actually deeply nuanced and rich with accompanying philosophy and technique that when understood takes ones experience of Om to new levels
(Om is said to contain the sound of the whole universe, and if you fully experience Om, you fully experience the entirety of creation) Mantras – for healing, stimulation of the brain/glands and vital organs, balancing the energetic system, spiritual activation, dissolving negative energy Voice toning – Developing the sensitivity and knowledge of self-guided, intuitive inner sound therapy Inner Mantra – a tool of concentration concentration and connection to the vibrational essence of physical, emotional and mental realms.